Recently an article was shared with me from google on what teens think is cool. I found this a great read and wanted to share.
"The purpose of this magazine is to provide a glimpse into the world of teens in the US through the lens of what they find cool. Cool is an indication of what people pay attention to, what gets them excited, and can often act as a manifestation of their hope and dreams. Unlike millennials, this group is ambitious, engaged, and feel like they can change the world. For Generation Z, what’s cool is also a representation of their values, their expectations of themselves, their peers, and the brands they hold in the highest regard. What you’re looking at is proprietary research conceived and executed by the Brand Team for Consumer Apps at Google. We hope it serves as glimpse into the minds of the most informed and connected generation yet"
—Gen Z. COOLBOOK@GOOGLE.COM.
LET’S NOT STOP HERE! After reading the article ask yourself and comment below:
1. What surprised you and why?
2. What are you dying to know more about?
3. Are there any ways you can use this information to evolve your current work efforts?
4. What did we miss? Are there any categories you would have included?
5. Look back to the coolness graph—was anything surprising?